Step by Step!

~ April Challenge ~

!! Winter Challenge !!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MOTIVATION = MOTIVE + ACTION

OK I stuffed up badly last week. Lost focus for 5 days and managed to gain 5kgs!

Yes I wrote that correctly. After 1 week I gained 5kgs!

So I am dedicating this post to my psycologist who reminds me that MOTIVATION is a combination of having enough of a motive to take action.

What I needed was new motivation!

Although stress played a huge part, my mindset was a combination of the two.

My motivation when I started 8 weeks ago was because my clothes didn't fit at all! After 8 weeks and 10kgs I had already met that goal. I think this enabled me to talk myself into eating.

The last 2 days have been quite difficult. The wake up call was puting my pants on Monday morning and realising they were TIGHT! Last week they were loose! I was even thinking about wearing the smaller size. Maybe I should have and that woud have lulled my brain into thinking I had to keep going... I have managed to stay very close to my pts. I went over by a couple of pts yesterday but I did have bonus pts. I just don't usually count those pts so I am not used to eating them. I saved them in case I have something come up. Today so far I am within my pts also and have exercised. I have been drinking my water and tracking everything.

Onwards and Downwards.

I can't dwell on the past. I just wanted a reminder for the next time this happens.

Note to self: Get new motivations after every 5kgs. Just in case. Look at 'fat' pictures. Try on tight clothes. Anything.

I am just glad it only took me 1 week to realise and not longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Graph!