Step by Step!

~ April Challenge ~

!! Winter Challenge !!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh dear!

What a weekend. I went out to lunch yesterday at Yum Cha and I was really good. I didn't eat very much, although I did have 14pts. I made healthy choices and didn't eat as much as I normally would have. I never normally count how many dumplings I had and it was so hard to keep track but I did. I was able to calculate the points because I planned ahead and knew what everything was worth.

When I got home however I couldn't stop eating! Yesterday I managed to consume 39pts. How is that even possible. Although I definitely wanted to eat more and stopped myself before I got out of control. With saved and bonus pts I earned this week I managed to say 1pt under what I had left. I kept counting pts as I was eating. What a strange binge. Once I had eaten everything my stomach could handle and only had 1 pt left, I stopped!

I can't believe I managed to stop myself, I didn't want to stop myself I wanted to just say F!$# it. Thank goodness I didn't because I don't want to undo all my hard work. I am sure however that eating all that food is definitely going to have an affect on the scales tomorrow.

I am trying not to feel guilty about it all because I really did well considering I could have eaten everything is the house. Believe me I had plenty left to keep me going for a while. Although everything in the house is point friendly, I do keep a well stocked pantry. I create a meal plan each Sunday for every meal, snack and exercise. This usually means I know what I am eating every day and I keep to 99% of the time.

This week has been a little crazy, with school holidays and my partner also being on holidays, we have had something on almost every day which meant we were eating out of the house. Considering my week I think I have done well to break even. I don't like using my bonus pts if I can help it. I will eat some of them but like to try and keep it at about half.

The worst part about it all is that my little devil is trying to convince me that even though I didn't eat over my points that I am still going to have a gain or STS so I might as well keep eating. I am trying really hard to fight him but he just has such good arguments sometimes. He knows exactly what to say to make me think yeh true I might just eat it.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't usually borrow pts from other says without having them but I am going to have too tomorrow as my partner is planning on baking the delicious cake they made on the biggest loser master class. I have worked out all the points and if we can get 12 serves it will be 4pts/slice. We have decide on using almonds and substituting 1 cup with almond meal. We are also going out for dinner and I have planned on having a high point dinner. I don't want to use an excuse to cover me... I think your birthday should just be about the person. I have always taken my birthday as a free day to eat whatever I want. I have always counted points and either saved all week or made them up. I plan on doing this again this year. I was good all over easter and will be good at xmas as well. I know which wars are worth dropping and this one wins every year. I am going to eat what I like and I WILL make it up over the week.

That's another good reason to fight it today as I know tomorrow will be a high point day.

I want to get to goal too badly to continue eating after tomorrow. It might be difficult but I know it is possible. I have managed to break lots of habits this time around. Next week will be my 5th week on the program and I have already lost over 5kgs so I am looking for at least 1 kg tomorrow as I want to keep my average at around 1kg per week. I know that not all weeks go like that. Last week certainly didn't with a gain. I really hope 1 silly day wont derail it. If it does I will know better for next time. I need to make sure I learn from mistakes I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Graph!